Monday, November 16, 2009

IT'S ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!

I really thought it would be a year or two before this would happen. To be honest, I think it surprised both of us. We are glad its a girl. They are so much easier to deal with. Sorry we didn't say anything before this. Like I say it kind of hit us by surprise too. I knew it would eventually happen, but the timing is the part that surprised me the most. With biz school possibly on the horizon there is a lot of change coming in the next year, and now this.... Taking care of something so little takes a lot of time and effort. Of course its worth it and I already love her to death, but I guess I'm just surprised.

Meet Lyla, the bulldog. The newest addition to the fam-diddly. She turns two in January. Her former owners spent two thousand on her and have determined they're not bulldog people. Their loss, our gain. We got her on the cheap. She has had all her work done and then some. She is house and cage trained. Mabel and her did really well at first. May be a little aggression and sharing we'll have to learn. She is one of the prettiest bulldogs I've ever met, though. The owners got her in Georgia and say she is a descendant of Georgia's mascot, Ugga, but I bet a lot of sellers in Georgia say that. She does kind of look like Ugga though. I'll post video of the two of them meeting. It was funny.

I really wasn't expecting this, but I am excited and think once the two of them are best friends it will be pretty sweet. Oh, and she is not spayed/neutered so.... who wants a bulldog puppy?

We might also rename her so if you can think of any really good names, leave a comment. Our favorite is Missy.

8 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

She is cute! We can't wait to meet her!

brookeisacrazylady said...

i know a cute girl missy so my vote is no on any name that would be on a reasonable person in that i'm told about people whose dogs were darby and baylie and someone told me today their cat was paisley.

although, i've always wanted a bulldog named oprah so that would be cool if you took that. wierd that she is white though.

butch?
big mama?
tootsie?
rambette?

ya'll are brave, i'm too chicken to get one dog.

ajensen said...

I was about to be very offended that you were 20 weeks along and we had no clue 2 hours away :)

I cant wait to meet her. The kids will be in heaven. She is cute. Can you work on Ryan while we are there for T-day and then I will DEF want that puppy you speak of :)

Brandon Walter Evans said...

i think 2 is kind of late to rename her, i mean she probably is pretty good about coming to her name. its not a bad one even though i think missy is also a great name. she is awesome. i think you guys get like 10000 cool points for getting another bulldog. just make sure mabel gets extra love so she doesn't feel like ya'll are pushing her out. awesome looking dog. and girl bulldogs are better housepets if you ask me, as opposed to guys. i would talk to nana about breeding. cool. serious props. that is awesome.

Missy said...

We do look alike. :)

Kira =] said...

She is so cute!!! girls are definitely easier to deal with! Have fun with the new addition! =]

Lindsey said...

put us on the list for a puppy. She is cute!!! Congrats!!

Sarah said...

Dear Lord! I thought you were preggers again lol Our dog is 2 and we renamed her. We never even knew her original name when we adopted her. She knew her name in a few days.