Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hit by a Snow Storm!

Well, I was looking forward to it warming up in March, but today we woke up to a snow storm--which never, ever happens here! It was crazy! We had about four inches of snow that stuck, enough for us to make a snowman, have a snowball fight, and slide down the hill. It was a fun day. Here are some pictures from it.

Even Mabel loved the snow. She was out there for an hour. Jumping after snowballs & eating them.

Carl had so much playing with Emma Jane in the snow...Emma Jane loved it too, but I think Carl was a little more excited.

Our pathetic attempt at a snowman...Sorry, Carl, but you need to work on those snowman skills.

CJ even ate a couple of snowflakes! And, to those I talked to yesterday, he is feeling tons better!

Our snow gear was hard to come by but it works, right? :)

The craziest thing is that when the kids woke up from their naps it was all gone. The sun was out and not a cloud in the sky. It was like it had never happened. And, it snowed from like 7am to noon. Not the normal here in the south. I'm glad that it was only for one day. I don't care for the cold too much...I don't know how I made it at BYU.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I cannot believe the snow!! That is so much! They looked like they had a lot of fun in it. I also loved the Sea World pictures! Is Emma Jane riding Shamu?! So cute. We are definitely jealous of your trip. Miss ya! xoxo

Sarah said...

Emma Jane and CJ look SO CUTE having fun in the snow! (Of course, you and Carl always look cute too...)

Nancy Jo said...

Great snow pictures! You had more snow that we saw in Utah this past week - crazy! Glad the tornados didn't get by you!