Monday, March 2, 2009

My (Carl's) new PT job...

You read the headline, saw the picture and thought 'oh, he's a part time fashionista,' but you're wrong. My new title is PT-Stay-At-Home-Dad. I'm very excited about this (somebody save these poor kids).
Today I let EJ dress herself. That's a dress over her skirt. With rain boots. I'll post another picture once I learn to do her hair. She has lunch in her hands. Popcorn! Am I the nicest guy on the block or what?!
My goals are to learn how to braid her hair, teach her to swim by the end of the summer and teach her the ABC's. With CJ my goal is to teach him to walk before he's a year. That means two-a-days from now until his birthday. Today, I made hime stand holding on to the rocker for a half hour, no bottle breaks. He's getting tough!
So where's Courtney? She is a working woman, also PT. She got a job with an insurance company as their office manager. Side note: I tried to get extra work for a month and a half. Finally, she decided to try. It took her a week. McDonald's wouldn't even hire me. Anyway, we're excited for Courtney and worried for the kids. She works 8:30-12:30, and I work 1:30-10. So we get to eat all of our meals together. Courtney's employer says they'll pay her to get her insurance license and let her start selling eventually, too. It could be a great opportunity.
Oh, and the goal for myself is to learn to cook. I'm a PB&J kind of guy. I also heat up leftovers really well. Breakfast foods until I learn. Good thing the kiddos love pancakes.

8 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

sounds like a great opportunity! YOu are a great pt dad! I too got a pt job. luckily for us I work at a gym and it had a childcare. it all works out doesn't it!! ;)

Courtney said...

Oh my...I am going to have to dress Emma Jane and do her hair before I go to work!
And, just to set the record straight, it took me like 3 days to find a job, not that I'm bragging or anything. :)
As far as the goals go Carl, good luck! CJ turns one in a month, so good luck with having him walk by then. Emma Jane will probably swim if she keeps liking it. So far she's not afraid and loves the pool!
As far as learning how to cook, I am glad that you get to practice on the kids. :) That's going to be a tough one. I've tried your stuff. :) Just kidding. You're not sooo bad at cooking.

Lindsey said...

Wow! Those are awesome goals. And fun for the kids to spend more time with you! Nathan wishes he could stay at home with the kids!! Good luck Court with the extra job. I am sure you will be great at it. xoxo

Nancy Jo said...

What an adventure! You'll have to make sure you see each other on the weekends!

Brandon Walter Evans said...

cutie patootie picture and mitt on the tv!

Carl said...

I posted that picture with your family in mind. My guess was that you or your mom would point it out. Actually, I thought it would be your mom. EJ was watching a movie and clicked the button and there was good ol' Mitt talking at the CPAC. Still don't like the guy. He's such a polarizing republican. He's a wizard when it comes to all things financial, though. I'd love to see him kick out the union bosses. That would be some good tv. Mitt in '12!!!!

Clay Allred said...

Ha, that's amazing. Nice work Carl.

Brandon Walter Evans said...

brooke is complaining about darby wearing luke's old alabama jersey, i think she wants to send it to you for cj to inherit.