Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The House...

My family asked me to post pictures of the house. Two months ago. Here they finally are. After most of you have visited.
This is my latest project which I just finished today. Who knew a back door would make such a difference. This is the before and after. (as with all my other projects, the devil is in the details, so don't look too close.)
Ikea's kitchen genius. Waste no space. That wall is the back staircase.

Picture wall in the dining room, far wall (Court's Christmas present).

Picture wall, next to the table (also Court's Christmas present).

Upstairs attic is basically done. I need to add an air return, because the a/c vents are not doing their job. Fortunately the return is in the adjacent room so it shouldn't be too hard to connect.
More playroom. Emma Jane's favorite toy is that trampoline her Nana and Papa got her.
Going up the stairs. I will never go into the drywalling business. It is so hard to do right.
Still need to paint the ceiling, but other than that, the trimwork is done.
We put the dresser on the side of the closet we covered up. Makes the bed space so much nicer. The closets now have doors too.

5 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

Ypu guys are awesome! I LOVE the playroom!!! Totally jealous!!

Lindsey said...

That door looks AMAZING! You guys have done soo much. We loved that playroom. The girls wish they could have slept in there:)! Way to go. Your house is so neat!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! Do you want to come visit and help us with our projects?

Nancy Jo said...

The back door looks fabulous! The playroom is my favorite, no maybe the kitchen, no maybe your bedroom.... Good idea putting the dresser there. You are so creative!

chadnsyd said...

WOW! Carl, I'm just amazed, and to think it didn't even have drywall once the inspectors got through with it. You guys have worked miracles. That back door looks fabulous! It makes a huge difference. Well done.