Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween FHE

We kind of stumbled into this idea, but it ended up being pretty fun. We were shopping for pumpkins and randomly ended up getting four of them. When we got home and started FHE I was trying to come up with a lesson. Emma Jane picked the "I am a Builder" primary song about working to build our families and the idea popped into my head to build a pumpkin family. And then we talked about ways to "build" our family. Next week we're going to carve them and put a candle in them and talk about not letting your light be hid (in a pumpkin).

6 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

i love that you guys are the ones making the faces and your kids are like, 'what the?" hehehe

Nancy Jo said...

Cute pics of the family! Love the pumpkins - great ideas!

Lindsey said...

Very very cute and creative FHE lessons! Those lucky kids. Those picts are ones for the books!

AJordan said...

Excuse me ebadine! Did you cut your hair courtney? I mean, silly question, of course you did and it loos AWESOME! Seriously, I want to cut mine just like it. Will you take a million pics and send it them to me so I can bring it to the hair dresser when I am ready? Oh, and I love the pumpkins and I love the water leak story. You are so patient, smart and great and carl is awesome (Jack said to put carl is awesome.) we love you all and miss you too much. come see us soon.

Kristina said...

you guys are too cute. your kids crack me up!

Chad Call said...

Courtney, I love the haircut too. It looks amazing. Also, I love the last picture of Emma Jane in the Roll Tide shirt. I love the cuteness of Emma Jane's blue eyes and CJs gorgeous brown eyes. Squeeze them for us.