Tuesday, September 13, 2011

On a happier note...

Isn't there a rule that for every negative you have to say like 10 positive to make up for it? This is my attempt. Well, today, I really focused on that b/c it has been a little (lot) hard with Carl gone...and June sick...and me now sick...and all 3 kids getting up at multiple times last night...and CJ waking everyone up at 6am. Not the best way to start the day, but it ended up being a great day.
CJ:
1. He just randomly started talking about "comets" today. I was like "how do you know about comets? Where did you here that word?" And he said, "From the aliens." To which I remembered in "YOU CAN'T EAT A PRINCESS" (the funniest book ever about aliens who capture a princesses dad to eat him, but she goes to the planet to get him back, and then they want to now eat her, and in the end, she introduces them to chocolate and they realize that they don't need to eat people b/c they have chocolate) had it in there.
2. That boy loves his sisters. His first thing when he wakes up is "where is EmmaJane?" And, he is so quick to defend her. It is so cute. And with baby June, when he goes to touch her, no matter how crazy he is acting, he slows down and will give her the softest kiss or touch I have ever seen.
3. He is so tender. Every night at bed, he asks me to give him a kiss, then we do nose kisses, and they we do eyelash kisses. And, I have to do that!
EmmaJane:
1. Man, that girl is responsible. For example, she got offered a piece of cake (like the grocery store kind with tons of frosting), took a bite, and later gave it back to me saying, "it has too much sugar in it." Are we related?
2. She is so smart. We are reading in the Book of Mormon, and one night EmmaJane just rattled off the pride cycle(that is not what she called it)...talking about how the nephites were good, then they got blessed, then they started to get bad, and the Lord would punish them, then they felt bad, would repent, get good again, and so forth. She really does get stuff that I don't think she could possibly get.
3. And, if you tell her something once, she will remember it forever...this one can be used against you.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Very Very cute! They are awesome. Sorry you got sick!! I didn't realize Carl was still gone. Love ya!!!

Carl said...

I'm coming home to ya babies! I love their cute moments. And the comet comments on the phone were pretty cute/funny. Can't wait to get back.

brookeisacrazylady said...

yo you need to tell cj to not wake everyone up...like make a sticker chart or something cause that just sounds terrible. so so sorry. don't worry, you never have to come up with 10 positives to me, I know you love your kids and you are a good mom, motherhood just isn't for wimps and dang tough sometimes. now go eat some chocolate. you deserve it.

Courtney said...

It was more so just for me to help me get out of a funk. I had just had a rough day and that just helped me be more patient with them and to see the good rather than the negative.

Nancy Jo said...

Really cute pics of CJ and EJ. They are really sweet! I can't wait to see them!

rozanny said...

You have to read this post! This one is my sister in law that has 8 kids... LOVE their family... we play games with them once or twice a month, but some days I just want to send Diane on a big vacation!

http://thoserobertsons.blogspot.com/2011/09/sundays.html

bro said...

good blog thanks

AJordan said...

Your kids are so sweet. I had some catching up to do on tour blog. I love the pictures of June in the tub w the kids. EJ is so cute.