It has been a pretty crazy December. I had sinus surgery on Dec 15th in hopes to have less migraines and less sinus infections...we are still crossing our fingers on that one. Then, on Dec.18th my Grandma Dalton passed away. Her funeral was yesterday. Although she was in poor health and is a better places reunited with her mom and dad and her 6 siblings, it is so sad to see my Gpa so lost without her. And, at the same time, it is so cute to see how much in love they were after 62 years of marriage. It was tender to hear him with their kids at the casket. He talked about how she would still tell him she loved him every night, and how she liked to hold hands with him as they were going to sleep. I am so grateful for the wonderful mother she was to my mom. She shaped my mom, who then shaped me, and I will be forever grateful for that.
It seems strange that it is already Christmas Eve, but here it is! So, here's our
Top 11 Exciting Things of 2011!
1. June joined our family 2 1/2 weeks early!
2. Carl went to India for 3 weeks!
3. Carl got a JOB!!! We are going to be moving to Dallas, TX in August to go work for PwC as a Consultant!
4. EmmaJane & CJ started preschool!
5. Emma Jane is learning how to read!
6. CJ became a great drawer!
7.Lived in Portland, OR for 3 months this summer
8. We all got to pick up star fish on the OR coast!
9. Moving back from OR made our 10th move in 6 1/2 years of marriage...and we'll be moving again in August! :) I am now a professional packer!
10. Carl played intramural coed soccer, soccer, and football this year!
11. I ran my first 1/2 marathon!
I hope you have a very merry Christmas. I hope you are able to be with family and to remember the reason for the season. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful that He came to this earth to show us the way and allowed us to return to our Heavenly Father again!