Tuesday, August 11, 2009

50 Riesens I Love Courtney



It's our fourth anniversary today. That's finally starting to sound significant. We are headed to stay the night at a resort and go to dinner. No presents. But Courtney's new favorite candy is Riesens, and I thought it would be "sweet" to come up with fifty Riesens I love her. I don't know why I came up with the number 50. It would have been much easier to do a top ten list or something like that. You don't have to read them. But here's to another four more crazy wonderful years.



1. You are the most beautiful person I know.

2. You are constantly thinking about how others are feeling and making sure they’re happy.

3. You are an incredible cook. I love the things you come up with.

4. Not only does the food taste good, you’re efficient. You make do with what you have.

5. You have a sweet tooth. Who knew a treat right after dinner was so absolutely necessary.

6. You’re resilient. You work harder than me, and you do it with a headache.

7. You’re fashionable. You know how to dress and accessorize, which only adds to your beauty.

8. You make our kids look great. Our kids are always well dressed and good looking b/c of you.

9. You let me be me. I’m stubborn as a mule. And I appreciate you letting me make mistakes.

10. You are FUN! I love to hang out with you. I always have a good time. Especially when it’s just us.

11. You have soft skin. I know you hate to be rubbed, but it’s hard to resist when your wife has baby skin.

12. You have good taste in movies. We never fight about what movie to watch. That’s not normal.

13. You have good taste in music. I love the music you’ve introduced to me.

14. You can dance. I know we don’t go dancing uch, but I plan to someday. I love dancing with you.

15. You smell good. Regardless of what you’re doing, and I mean regardless, you never stink. Thanks for putting up with my smells.

16. You’re thrifty. Very thrifty. No one can stretch a buck as far as you. And when you are married to a poor guy like me, that’s a must.

17. You’re adaptable. Seven moves in four years is grounds for divorce in most circles. Thanks for sticking with me.

18. You love kids. It’s very genuine the way you look at our kids. They are lucky to have someone like you.

19. You are really good with makeup. I don’t think you need it, but your simple way of adding to your good looks is impressive.

20. You’re athletic. I was hooked the first time I saw you kick/throw a ball. One more reason our kids lucked out.

21. You have an incredible decorating sense. Our houses are worth double what they should be because you have knack for decorating and design.

22. You are open-minded. This saves a lot of arguing between us. I appreciate that you are willing to listen to all sides before making up your mind.

23. You are patient. You have a husband whose mind changes like the seasons. Again, thanks for letting me be me.

24. You’re loving. You have such a big heart. For animals and people. You can’t stand to see someone hurt. You’re a great example to someone as calloused as me.

25. You’re a bulldog lover. It’s the only dog I ever wanted. I’m glad we see eye to eye.

26. You have excellent taste in dining. I would the dollar menu at McDonald memorized if you didn’t encourage me to eat smarter.

27. You understand me. I think I’m a fairly quirky, complex personality. Nobody sees to know what I’m thinking except for you. And I don’t have to tell you either.

28. You know how to relax. I don’t. I’m glad I have you.

29. You think differently than me. I love this about you. I need someone to bounce ideas off of. I think we make a good team this way.

30. You aren’t afraid to get dirty. You’ll mix it up with me. Any project. And any time. You look beautiful when you’re on a project.

31. You are persevering. Someday I will know what I want to be. Thanks for being patient while I decide.

32. You are a mother. And a very good one. You will never look more beautiful to me than the times when you are playing with our kids and making them laugh.

33. You’re happy being poor. We may or may not run into money. I’m glad you’re okay with that either way.

34. You’re priorities are straight. You spend your time doing and working on things that are the most important. Most people don’t and don’t realize it.

35. You want a big family. We might not have one, and that would be fine, but I am glad you want one.

36. You have a strong testimony. Regardless of whether I did or not, I know you’ll choose the right.

37. You are open to change. My life has never been a straight course. You are the perfect person to take along for the ride.

38. You know exactly where I put the things I lose. And I lose things a lot, so thank you.

39. Your favorite sport is soccer. Me too. I can’t wait to co-coach our kids teams.

40. You have really good manners. That’s important, because our kids would be a lost cause if it were up to me.

41. Our kids take after you. They are sweet, caring, sensitive kids with spunk. I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out.

42. You’re stoic. You put up with more than any one person I know well. I wouldn’t trade places with you for a million dollars. I can’t imagine how tough you are.

43. You have incredible lips. I could kiss them for eternity. Matter of fact, I will.

44. You’re the perfect combination of sweet and tough. You love everyone, but know when it’s time to stick up for yourself and your kids.

45. You’re trusting. I don’t think this is a natural gift for you, but you are willing to forgive and trust over and over again.

46. You’re punctual. I never have to wait on you. We may not always be on time, but we always want to and try hard to be.

47. You’re a perpetual learner. You never stop going after things and learning more.

48. You’re a good shopper. I already said you’re thrifty, but I mean something different here. I have never met someone who is always able to find what they want/need at a fraction of the cost. It’s amazing how you do it.

49. You make me happy. I don’t always show it or say it, but you do and say things that make me smile when you are not around.

50. You love me so much! If there were no other reasons to love you (and as you can see there are plenty. Or at least 49 others), I would love you just to reciprocate the affection you show me. It means more than words to me the way you show you love me.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

i just bawled my eyes out!

ajensen said...

That was the happiest thing I've read all day. THanks for sharing. you two are just incredible. Both of you.

Lindsey said...

That was really sweet! So glad you love each other! And I think you are great too Court. Carl--props to you for being all creative with the Riesens and that was so thoughtful. Hope you guys had fun at the resort!! no children?

Nancy Jo said...

Oh that is so SWEET! Very cleverly put Carl - you are a keeper!

Nicole Bolinger said...

Tear...That was the best! I am gonna have to forward this to Wade. EVery gal deserves to hear these things!! Good job Carl!!!

longnecker said...

I love Courtney too - Happy Anniversary to both of you. Thanks for sharing this Carl - I think the fact you did this for Courtney is the greatest gift you could have given her. We miss you guys SOOO much!

John and Lauren said...

How awesome and sweet!! So creative Carl!