Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fire! Fire! Fire!

Carl finally got his Fire Pit! Every man needs a fire pit. Right? Well, according to Carl our backyard had been lacking this essential element for a long time. Thanks to fate and one good sale, Carl got his wish!
Tonight we dined like kings-- hotdogs and s'mores!

CJ one handing the hot dog!

Emma Jane savoring each piece!

We are loving our backyard right now. We will miss you beautiful azaleas!

My battle wounds.

I was playing with Missy yesterday, and she scraped me with her paw. It took me a second to recover from that swing. She left me with a pretty nasty bruise, so don't mess with Missy.

6 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

ahhh that firepit and backyard is beautiful. i'm sad for you to leave that house...i want it!

but very glad you will be closer

Lindsey said...

That is a nasty bruise. Reminds me of the one 2 years ago kinda! You are a tough cookie. LOVE the firepit. Your backyard/house is dreamy.

Nancy Jo said...

Looks like fun with the firepit. Gorgeous backyard. Ouchies on your arm - but the battle wound is impressive.

Brandon Walter Evans said...

i thought a fire pit was just some rocks in a circle? those hotdogs look good, like the expensive kind. your backyard looks awesome. your kids are cutie patooties. yeah hopefully with time missy can learn to play less aggressively, i don't think she was trained to pull her punches/teeth.

Jeff said...

you look like the arm and hammer girl (or something like that...do you know what I'm talking about? That old advertisement or propaganda?) So tough.
I love the fire pit, and your backyard is huge and beautiful. I wish we were there to hang out in it.

Sarah said...

Ryan, my husband went on and on about a fire pit too lol He finally got one at christmas. Ours is enclosed so cate collects pine straw and sticks in the yard and puts them in her grocery cart for daddy to put in the fire lol