Sunday, May 1, 2011

Holding Down the Fort

Well, Carl is in India. He left Friday morning. June was 1 week old at the time. Since then, we have had 2 sleepless nights and mostly sleepless days. June is not like my other two. She is not a natural sleeper. She seems to be pretty gassy, and she wakes up within 30 minutes of putting her down...usually. It is so sad b/c you can tell she is so tired and wants to sleep. She is just so uncomfortable. It is just so hard to see them in pain and be trying so hard to figure out what they need and want. It is funny how even though it is my 3rd kid, it feels like my 1st. It definitely makes me miss Carl more.
June 6 days old
The proud big sister
2 happy kids--thanks to Nana. Nana has been the bomb! I don't know how we would survive without her. She has been so helpful with cleaning, cooking, laundry, you name it. The kids love her so much too! We are grateful to have her help, and we are grateful that Grandpa let us borrow her for so long!

June just woke up so I better run...

8 comments:

Heidi Smith said...

June Belle is darling!! And, I'm so glad that you have your Mom there to help you now that Carl is gone!

ajensen said...

Court--I feel ya! I really do (and Ryan is here at night). It doesn't last forever (The sleepless nights or the cute newborns). I remind myself that everyday. That...and to just worry about today (not how tomorrow will work out). You're doing it!

Carl said...

Poor little lady! I'm praying for you Court! I miss you.

Lindsey said...

Oh wow Court! I second what Amber said!! Hope you get some sleep soon!! We love ya!

Kira =] said...

Sorry she's having such a hard time right now. So awesome your Mom is able to be there and help you.

rozanny said...

Ada's getting more and more excited to be a big sister... I showed her the picture of Emma Jane holding June. She's excited for her own to hold!

bro said...

Such cute kids!

Sarah said...

hang in there court! i was saying the same thing to your sis, linds, not too long ago. the tummy aches have finally passed, but at times i wondered if i was gonna make it!