Saturday, September 4, 2010

An Inspiring Story


I am not one that recommends movies often, but this was a must. Tonight, after the kids went to bed, we rented the movie, Invictus. I had not heard any raving reviews, but man was it amazing. I don't think I have watched something that inspiring in a long time. Nelson Mandela was a true visionary man. One who believed in forgiveness and hope. The movie was centered around a poem that Mandela read often in jail to encourage him. The video below is the poem. The movie talks a lot about how Mandela was in a small cell for 30 years and how he rose above it, forgave his oppressors, and changed a nation! What an inspiring tale of forgiveness, love and hope. I hope you will take the time to watch it. It really was a soul touching movie.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I will have to watch it! Thanks!!

Nicole Bolinger said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been thinking about renting it, but never heard any raving reviews about it! :) Will do!

Nancy Jo said...

I will have to watch it too!