Saturday, December 11, 2010

Kids and Technology

It is crazy how fast kids learn technology! Emma Jane is 3 1/2 and can easily find her games on daddy's IPOD or watch her favorite YouTube videos on his IPOD too. To say she LOVES his IPOD is an understatement. As soon as she excitedly greets her dad coming home, while she is giving him a hug & simultaneously asking, "Can I have your IPOD," she has it in her hands. They pick things up so quickly. I bet she can work his IPOD better than I can!

But, now it has become a part of her everyday jargon. Tonight, she was having trouble eating her dinner. As I am doing the dishes, she comes up to me crying & saying, "Mom, I can eat. The internet in my body is working slow." I said, "What?!?!?" She, still crying, explains, "The internet in my body isn't working right, so I can't eat my food." Now, that was a new reason for not eating your food. Internet working slowly has been a problem at our house and me and dad must have mentioned it a few times.

Later, she watching a YOUTUBE video of a cat that was hissing and very mean. I told her that that was a mean cat, and you better stay away from cats like that. She replied, "Don't worry mom, it (the cat) can't get out (referring to the IPOD). It is really hard to get out of there (again, referring to the IPOD." I reply, "True, true. It is very hard."

Carl, Emma Jane, and CJ watching "Santa Clause" while dad works on fixing the internet...again.


5 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

have carl call jason about the internet thing.

those are the best stories ever...go techno emma jane. the internet in my body doesn't work right sometimes either.

bro said...

Too cute

Nancy Jo said...

That is really smart of EJ. So cute! I was impressed how well she did with the ipod.

Lindsey said...

That is too funny about her internet comment! I love how their minds work!! Too cute!! Good luck with getting your internet worked out!!

rozanny said...

Amazing children! It's true though... my 18 month old knows where the power switches are on everything... how to open up programs on the computer and how to work the wii remote... my dad doesn't even know all those things.