Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Christmas Rush...


Can you believe that it is Dec 7th already? It seems like it comes way too fast, and even though I know that it is going be like this, I feel like I am in a whirlwind. For some reason, I just can't get on the ball. It might have to do with the fact that I am getting migraines EVERY day, and Carl is less than 2 weeks away from finals, which means we are seeing him less and less...but who knows?!?!

In fact, last week, CJ saw an old picture of Emma Jane and Carl on our coffee table. He was looking at it, and very softly said, "I miss you." It was so tender. He loves his daddy. In fact, that same day, we were at the store, and he swore he saw daddy. He got so excited. It was pretty sad.

So, if my Christmas cards don't come this year, and you get an email instead, know that we are trying here at the Haynie household, but our attempts at a picture failed and me finding a deal for Christmas cards is also failing.

But, here is what we have been up to:

A Priceless Photo w/ G-Gma & G-Gpa on Thanksgiving

My Soccer team went to the 3rd round of the playoffs! Woo Hoo! I was 17 weeks at our last game, and there was another player who was 18 weeks. She was our goalie. Pretty awesome!
Emma Jane & CJ were the entertainment at the game.
When we went to the mall this past week, this guy let Emma Jane go on this for free...doesn't she is standing on that ledge?

And of course, this little guy had to go, so we ended up paying for him to go. I am sure that was a tactic he uses often b/c he did the same thing to my sister-in-law. Tricky. Tricky.

And, this little man, ran and jumped into the big ole guy's lap as soon as he saw him! He was so excited. Emma Jane was equally as excited, but was too shy to sit in his lap. She has seen 2 Santa's, and just gets scared when she gets close to him. But, each time, she says, "Next time, I won't be shy b/c I need to tell him I want a train."


4 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Great pictures! Your kids are darling! Sorry about your headaches. I haven't sent cards for 5 years so not to worry. Being an almost single parent is tough - hang in there!

brookeisacrazylady said...

what? she wants a train? now that is funny. although i think baylie would love a gun.

who cares if you don't do real cards, ecards are great or slap it on facebook or your blog. that counts.

its cute your kids missing carl, my kids are way used to not seeing their dad, i don't think they are going to see them before bed this whole week and they haven't batted an eye about it.

Lindsey said...

Very cute pictures! And so cute Emma Jane's comment about next time she won't be shy. Sorry you are having migraines & Carl is in finals!! That is awesome they have that trampoline, bungee thing at the mall!! And that you have seen santa twice! CJ looks soo happy sitting on his lap! Love ya Court. Being Preggo on top of all that is way tough!!
PS. You are awesome for playing soccer until 17 weeks!! And 3 times in the playoffs. I am way jealous! That sounds soo much fun!!

brandon said...

thanks for cute photos, sorry things are rough, also thought train was cute. pic of cj looked so excited so cute. and ej is so cute.