Monday, March 28, 2011

Can You Tell I'm Ready?

I have never been ready early to have my babies. With Emma Jane, although I went 2 days past my due date, I wasn't overly-anxious to have her early...probably because I was part terrified of what labor would be like. Then, with CJ, Emma Jane was 14 months old, and I had had a horrific labor/birthing experience the first go-around and was not quite sure how recovering from a c-section with a 14 month old and baby would work. So, needless to say, I wasn't anxious for CJ to come early either. BUT, with this baby, it is a whole other story for many reasons. First, c-section #2 was night & day better with a much faster recovery, so I no longer worry about that part so much. Second, I feel like everyone around me has had their babies--my sister, sister-in-law, 2 cousins, and several friends from MBA spouse group! Then, add the fact that my husband will be done with the semester on April 19th. My c-section date is April 26th (already 2 weeks early) because he leaves to India on April 29th at 11:20 am, the same day I will be getting home from the hospital. :) So, you can see why I would like to have her the minute Carl gets done with school, so we can have as much down time as possible before the crazy train boards to India! :) Just a side note, priority number one is that she is healthy, so I willing do let her cook for as long as she needs--even before her mother's mental needs.

In the meantime, my impatient, sick (yes, I have another cold & just finished day 10 of antibiotics and still have congestion; fun, fun.) self have been doing all sorts of projects and organizing before the wee babe comes. This is what happens when you make too many bows from your last project, and need somewhere to put them:
A picture frame I covered with fabric and added ribbon to, to hold all the bows. Then, you can hang it on the wall to keep away from the kids and keep your bow stash organized!
This is the finished product with the bows; the rest of the bows I am sending to my nieces ASAP.

I am on the countdown. Next project, I have already put the baby clothes in the drawers but I need to wash them and reorganize. Then, on to spring cleaning, washing the carpets (thanks dad for making this part of the cleaning process), organizing closets, etc.


4 comments:

ajensen said...

I feel your pain...so easy to remember:) i love the bows...and feel less anxious knowing there is family ready to step in to help (although we all know it isnt the same.) i know it will be challenging. you r strong!!!

brookeisacrazylady said...

that is awesome court.

rozanny said...

Way cute bow organizer! I should make one for all of our headbands... I feel like they don't fit in our bathroom drawer anymore...

I'm glad the doctor said he's willing to do it 2 weeks early! I know you were worried he wouldn't even consider it...

AND... I found out something while battling my own sinus infection this last week... My mom said that sinus congestion is common in late pregnancy because all the hormones that release now are to relax your tendons... and that also relaxes the walls of your blood vessels... causing varicose veins, sinus congestion, and hemroids... interesting... and fun for pregnancies...

Lindsey said...

Good job!! It looks like a store! I love the fabric and ribbon. it is so fun!!